Saturday, March 9, 2013

Shamrock'n Shirt

Next Sunday, St. Patrick's Day, I will be participating in a half marathon run called the Shamrock'n.  I haven't participated in this particular race, but from what I've heard it's a fun run with a great atmosphere....and it's on St. Patrick's Day this year.  Festive!

To join in on the "party" I wanted to dress in something special.  I've been hunting for a green tank top, but haven't been able to find one in the color and style I want.  I was losing hope after shopping at many stores until I went to Target.  Good ol' Target.  I found THIS SHIRT in the perfect green color and for only $8.99!

I got home and immediately got on YouTube looking for a DIY racer back tank top.  I came across this link and followed it pretty much exactly.


After cutting the shirt up I used some multi-colored sparkles to add flair.  To begin, I printed out a shamrock and traced it onto the shirt as a pattern.  Then, I put the shirt over a pillow as a form and  placed a paper plate in between the shirt and pillow so the glue wouldn't get on the pillow.  Using a pair of old tweezers, I dipped each sparkle in fabric glue.




For some more glitz I added some clear sparkles of a few different sizes on the back.

And why stop at a tank top?  I also bought some white wrist bands a dyed them green (since I couldn't find those in green either.)  And to match the shirt, I added some colored sparkles.  Not sure if I'll wear them on my wrists or ankles.


No comments:

Post a Comment