Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Mantel

Last summer my husband helped me create an outside mantel.  You can read about that project here.  Since last year, the mantel has looked like this.


I was thinking it might be fun to switch things up a bit for summertime.  I gathered some things I already had and purchased some others.

Found these pinwheels at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents each.


The fish is also from Hobby Lobby and was 40% off the price shown.
 

You guessed it...sand from Hobby Lobby.


I had this "Vacation" sign from last year.


Jute...it always adds a cool touch.  I used some on a few mason jars.
 

 I found this printable online somewhere last year (can't remember where.)  I needed a new frame for it so I picked one up from Goodwill for 99 cents and spray painted it red.


Once everything was put together, here is what I came up with.


Next to the sign are a couple of my holders from my homemade candy buffet.  I filled one with shells and another with a lei.

The three mason jars have jute wrapped up on top and filled with the sand that I bought.
 



 I made this banner last year and used it indoors.  It's made of pre-cut letters and scrapbook paper.  I hole-punched the tops and used jute (again) to hang it.



1 comment: