Monday, September 19, 2011

Dollar Store Leaves

Back when I made my fall topiary I had gotten a few different styles of leaves.  I tucked the unused leaves away hoping to eventually use them.  Well, an idea came to me the other day.  I could hang the leaves above my fall mantel.

Here are what the leaves look like

I had to think of a way to hang the leaves.  I decided to curl the stems to create a loop.


Initially I was going to hang the leaves by some fishing line, but I decided to use thread instead.  I had some thick thread we used on some outdoor curtains, so it was perfect.  There were 10 leaves in the bag, but I decided to use 9 since it's better to use an odd number of something when making arrangements.

It was difficult to get a picture that really showed what the leaves look like.  They look better in person, if you ask me, but you'll get the idea.  The best part about them is that they spin around when the fan is on, or when a slight breeze moves through the room.






No comments:

Post a Comment